Assists in the overall administration of the compensation programs for St. Luke's. Participates in special projects. Serves as a resource to employees and managers. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with St. Luke's mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: % Of Time Spent
1. Conducts market surveys on an ongoing basis to assure that St. Luke's compensation programs are competitive within the market. Analyzes survey information and prepares reports/analysis to determine St. Luke's relative competitive position. (25%)
2. Analyze new and current compensation programs, practices, policies, and strategies. Apply mathematical and statistical methods to identify trends and changes in the market, recommend new compensation initiatives and modifications to current compensation programs, implement compensation programs and practices, evaluate compensation programs and practices for success and effectiveness, and recommend changes as appropriate. Coordinate the compensation committee process. (10%)
3. Assist in administering and interpreting compensation program policies. Provide direction to other HR staff, employees, and the leadership group regarding compensation programs and policies. Provide support or coordination to HR staff regarding compensation issues and training. (10%)
4. Perform job evaluations as requested. Working with manager and/or employee, review and assess job responsibilities and assist in the in development of job descriptions. Based on external market slotting and internal market comparisons, recommend placement of job in salary structure and communicate with department head or manager to obtain consensus on paygrade recommendation. (10%)
5. Prepare, edit, and maintain St. Luke's job descriptions. Coordinate scheduled review of job descriptions with department head or manager. Responsible for maintaining up-to-date compilation of job descriptions in order to be Joint Commission compliant. (10%)
6. Utilizing mathematical and statistical methods, perform salary reviews based upon external market and internal job class and/or departmental equity. Recommend and cost options to correct identified issues and communicate with department head or manager to obtain consensus on recommendation. (15%)
7. Provide reports, as necessary, which supply data and information to support the compensation function or overall human resource functions. (9%)
8. Maintains and monitors all JCN's in Lawson. To include position titling, range changes, and pay status. (5%)
9. Provide orientation support to NLO on compensation philosophy. (1%)
10. Performs other work duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, finance or related field required.
A minimum of three to five years' experience in Human Resources required, with minimum of two years of compensation experience required.
To apply, copy and paste the below in your browser.